Click here for steps to get started with Ethos Home Care.
What is Medicare?
Medicare is health insurance for those over the age of 65. Medicare is funded by individuals who pay federal taxes.
What does Medicare cover?
Medicare can be used to cover home health services with no co-pays for:
- Home Health Aide
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
Who can qualify for Medicare Part A Home Health Benefit?
If you meet the following three conditions Medicare will pay for home care services:
A person is homebound:A person does not have to be bedridden to be considered confined to his/her home. However, the condition should be such that there exists a normal inability to leave home and, consequently, leaving the home would require a considerable and taxing effort.
A person who needs continued clinical care such as
- Skilled Nursing
- Ongoing Physical Therapy
- Ongoing Speech Therapy
- Ongoing Occupational Therapy
A person is under the care of a physician who can authorize your home health care plan.
Are you eligible for Home Care services covered by Medicare?
- Do you have difficulty leaving the house?
- Do you need special assistive devices or help from someone to leave your home?
- Do you need help managing your multiple medications?
- Have you had a recent fall or do you have a fear of falling?
- Have you recently been in the hospital or emergency room?
- Do you have an upcoming elective surgery scheduled?
- Have you been diagnosed with a new condition like Diabetes, Congestive Heart Failure, or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease?
Why Ethos Home Care?
Research suggests that clients recover more quickly at home than at a hospital or other nursing care facility. Home Care is also a less expensive option than hospital stays and can prevent unnecessary emergency room and hospital visits. It allows your physician to work with our Home Care team to proactively manage your health and prevent potential complications.
How is Home Care paid for?
Ethos Home Care is licensed as a home care provider in North Dakota and a Comprehensive Home Care Provider in Minnesota. Ethos is currently in the process of seeking ACHC accreditation for deemed Medicare Status.